Whether you’re a green guru, an eager novice or just fancy helping out occasionally at some tree planting or orchard creation - we want to hear from you!
Whether you give 1 day, 1 hour or 1 week, by becoming a Citizen Forester, you're spreading the word about the City of Trees movement and helping us to achieve our vision of planting a tree for every man, woman and child across Greater Manchester.
How do I get involved?
- Check out our events calendar – From litter picking to tree planting, wildflower creation and much more, we hold both one-off events and regular monthly sessions for those of you who want to get out and get active in the great outdoors. Explore our events calendar for more details, and information on how to get involved.
- Employee volunteering – Perhaps you get set days off from your place of work to volunteer for a great cause, or want to grab a group of workmates to do something meaningful. Check out information on how to volunteer as an employee; including green corporate away days.
- Regular support – We also occassionally need office-based volunteers to help out on one of our projects, do research as well as getting out and about. All opportunities will be listed on this page below.
- Stay connected - Make sure you get the latest events, news and opportunities delivered straight to your inbox by signing up to the City of Trees newsletter.
Latest regular opportunities
- Field Surveyor - All Our Trees - We will be recruiting for this project throughout the summer period. The first deadline and interview date is as follows: Deadline for completed applications - Tuesday 29 May 2018. Interview date – Thursday 7 June 2018. Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal chat about the post please contact Miranda or Bryan on 0161 872 1660